It has already been confirmed that True Blood Season 4 will be released on DVD on 21st May in the UK and 29th May in the US and now we have the full details of the special features that will be included.
“At the beginning of this month we passed along word from HBO Video aboutTrue Blood – The Complete 4th Season coming to DVD and high-def Blu-ray Disc onMay 29th. At the time we had an early list of extras for this title, and a small look at the Blu-ray box art that turned out to not be the finalized version. Now we’ve got the full list of bonus material for you, followed by high-resolution 3D packaging pics for both formats. We say “both formats,” but HBO has a trick up their sleeve with the Blu-ray set: it’s NOT just Blu-ray! It will also include DVD disc versions includes with the BDs, and for true versatility there are also Digital Copies of the episodes available by purchasing that set, too! The studio says “The digital copy is redeemable via a provider of your choice: iTunes, Vudu, and Amazon, or an UltraViolet copy through supporting providers.” HBO’s release info points out that this is the first time a TV-on-BD box set includes all three formats in a single package. You can lock in your copy of this title, in either version, by clicking on the Amazon button link below. But first, here are those special features:
- Blu-ray Features (along with all DVD extras):
- Includes “Blu-ray with HBO Select:” DVD + Digital Copy
- Enhanced Viewing:
- Character Perspectives (picture-in-picture): find out the back story of what happened in Bon Temps while Sookie was missing in Faerieland, and get the inside scoop from your favorite characters including Andy, Arlene, Crystal, Debbie, Don Bartolo, Godrick, Jason, Lafayette, Luna, Maxine, Melinda, Nan, Pam, and Tara.
- Vampire Histories/Character Bios and Hints/FYIs: get even more background on favorite characters, trivia facts as well as show hints and clues.
- Flashback/Flash Forward: move through time in the world of Bon Temps. Flashback to relive pivotal moments or Flash Forward to reveal the significance of a certain scene.
- True Blood Lines: uncover secrets from relationships past and present in this engaging, fully interactive guide and archive.
- DVD Features:
- True Blood: The Final Touches: join show creator and executive producer Alan Ball as he reveals an exclusive, never-before-seen glimpse in the post production process of True Blood.
- Inside the Episodes: get the back stories on each episode with revealing interviews from the show writers.
- Audio Commentaries: six commentaries with cast and crew including Alan Ball, Anna Paquin, Stephen Moyer, Alexander Skarsgård, Deborah Ann Woll, Sam Trammell, Fiona Shaw, and more”.
Taken from tvshowsondvd.com
One of the extras we always enjoy most are the audio commentaries and we are happy to see Alex and Anna are both providing a commentary this season. Perhaps it will be a joint commentary on one of the romantic episodes like “I wish I was the moon”? We are also interested to see if there is any commentary on the season finale, and what excuses they might come up with for the Couch Scene from Hell. We’ll find out in May!