That’s right folks, True Blood Season 4 Episode 8, “Spellbound”, written by Alan Ball has been nominated for a Bram Stoker Award for Best Screenplay. The awards are given out by the Horror Writers Association, and is named in honor of the author of the god-father of all vampires, Dracula. True Blood is up against some pretty tough competition from perhaps some more conventional horror episodes from shows like The Walking Dead and American Horror Story. “Spellbound” is of course a special epiosde for Eric and Sookie lovers as it contains the controversial shower scene, better known now as Viking Narnia, and the cubby scene where Eric and Sookie willingly exchange blood.
But let’s take a second to remember what else went on in this award nominated episode:
- Jason saves Jessica from meeting the sun.
- Jessica imagines that she has killed Hoyt
- Tommy skin-walks as Maxine and bemoans the service at Merlottes
- Bill and Marnie arrange a midnight graveyard showdown
- Laffy says “Fuck this shit” and then promptly gets possessed and steals a baby
- Sookie gets shot
- Eric is captured by Marnie
You can find a full list of the nominees here and the winners will be announced via a live web-cast on March 31.
Let us know what you think of Alan Ball’s nomination. Does “Spellbound” deserve its nod or was there a more worthy Season 4 episode?