One of the special features fans like best about DVD/Blu-Rays are commentaries by the actors, writers, directors and producers on the show; who give us a behind-the-scenes look at ‘who, what, why and how’ of each episode!
Here’s a taste of what you’ll receive on True Blood’s Season 4 DVD/Blu-Ray…
- Enhanced Viewing – This in-episode viewing mode allows you to watch True Blood with pop-up trivia, picture-in-picture character point-of-view commentaries and break-away flashback scenes from previous seasons’ episodes.
- Inside the Episodes (1.78:1; 1080p/24)
- Commentary on Episode 2 “You Smell Like Dinner” by Stephen Moyer (Bill), Deborah Ann Woll (Jessica), and Brian Buckner (writer, co-executive producer)
- Commentary on Episode 3 “If you Love Me, Why Am I Dyin’?” by Anna Paquin (Sookie) and Alan Ball (creator and executive producer)
- Commentary on Episode 4 “I’m Alive and on Fire” by Alexander Skarsgård (Eric) and Michael Lehmann (director)
- Commentary on Episode 6 “I Wish I Was the Moon” by Raelle Tucker (writer, co-executive producer) and Gregg Fienberg (executive producer)
- Commentary on Episode 9 “Let’s Get Out of Here” by Sam Trammell (Sam) and Romeo Tirone (director)
- Commentary on Episode 10 “Burning Down the House” by Fiona Shaw (Marnie) Nancy Oliver (writer, co-executive producer), and Lesli Linka Glatter (director)
- True Blood: The Final Touches (1.78:1; 1080p/24; 00:28:25) – A roundtable discussion with the True Blood post-production staff wherein they discuss much of their visual/special effects work.
- True Blood Lines – This interactive feature lets you explore the different character types in the world of True Blood (ex. Vampires, Werewolves, Faeries, Werepanthers, etc.) and the interconnection between each type in the ongoing storyline.
- DVD — Two double-sided DVDs of the entire series
- Digital Copy — Downloadable Digital Copy for Mac/PC, iPod/iPad/iPhone and Windows Media-Compatible devices
What about the fact that Stephen Moyer (Bill Compton) will be commenting on Episode 2 “You Smell Like Dinner” – in which Eric loses his memory? We would find it more interesting to find out how Alex felt about the scene where the spell is cast.
We can’t wait (of course) to find out Alex’s thoughts on drunken Eric! He is commenting on Episode 4 “I’m Alive And On Fire”! We’re curious to find out how warm the water was…KROKODILLER!!
Raelle Tucker will be giving insight to Episode 6 “I Wish I Was The Moon” – a favorite episode with Eric and Sookie lovers. Wonder what she’ll say?
Overall, Blu-Ray Definition.com gave True Blood Season 4’s Blu-Ray – 4 stars!
What do you think? Does this make you want to buy it? Share your thoughts below!