*Raises hand* I DID! IT WAS ME! HAHAHA Just kidding…we found this gag-worthy post by TV Line and I thought we would share it with you…so we can all feel sick TOGETHER! :D You know how much we LOVE to share…LOL
Anyhoo, Michael Ausiello and Andy Patrick from TV Line shared the answer to the question as to why the Sookicide romance was dropped? Read it below.
Though True Blood tried to distract viewers with everything from Vampire Tara to Evil Bill, we never forgot that this was supposed to be the season that Sookie hooked up with Alcide. So WTH happened?
“The decision to not do it this season [came about because] every single season, it’s been all about Sookie falling in love with this person or that person,” exiting showrunner Alan Ball tells TVLine. “It seemed like she had enough on her plate this season to not just [say], ‘Okay, now Sookie’s gonna fall in love with Alcide!’”
So that’s… it? The wolfman covers up his ex-girlfriend’s murder for her, she pukes on him, and that’s… it? No, no, no, Ball is quick to reassure. “That doesn’t man that that door is closed,” he insists. Or at least it isn’t locked. “All of these supernatural guys in town carry a big torch for Sookie – even Eric, who doesn’t want to admit it.”
What do you think? Are you sorry the show separated Sookie and Alcide before they’d even gotten together? Or did you think she needed another beau about as much as Bon Temps needed another fire monster?
I have a few things to say about this…okay, more like a RANT (just to warn you before you start reading). ;)
- This was one of the smartest decisions the True Blood writers have made, IMO. This season was the first season in a long time where smart Sookie made a reappearance and her fairy vagina didn’t get her into trouble. It was very refreshing and I hope we see more of her in season 6.
- I wouldn’t be surprised if Anna’s pregnancy might have had something to do with it too. I don’t think she would feel too comfortable getting naked while being pregnant.
- PUKE, GROSS, YUCK! Alcide and Sookie have NO chemistry whatsoever! Most of the fans think they’re boring together. Am I right?
- Eric and Sookie are STILL the best and hottest couple on the show! I really wish they would focus on the two of them instead of throwing other suitors in Sookie’s path. Grrrr…
- Of course, Eric won’t admit he has feelings for Sookie…he’s an ALPHA male. Plus, she really hurt him at the end of season 4. I really can’t blame him.
- Not sure if I like the sound of a possible return of Sookicide in the future. Better make sure I have my barf bag handy and make sure I have plenty of brain bleach on hand.
- Lastly, they got the facts wrong in this article. They said that this was supposed to be the season where Alcide hooked up with Sookie. Um….NO. Get the facts straight. It’s QUINN she was supposed to hook up with, unless Alcide is going to be Quinn too.
If you would like to comment over at TV Line so you can…*cracks knuckles* make them see the light, correct the error of their facts, or anything else you would like to tell them…please click on the link we provided above! ;)
Sorry… Now that I have that out of my system…feel free to share your thoughts (or rant) below!