Now that it is 2013, most of our countdown clocks till that fateful day in May have started in earnest. Along with our feelings of joy/anxiety over what we will learn in this final installment of the Southern Vampire Mysteries/Sookie Stackhouse Novels by Charlaine Harris.
I for one can not wait.
But since we must wait, we here at ESL are enjoying our casual discussions as we reflect and remember each book of the series. In this edition, we are “raising the dead” on the 8th novel of the SVM; From Dead to Worse.
How did reading it make you feel? Could you put it down?
What moment made you laugh?
- Eric rushing to Sookie’s house during the takeover, and the return of his memories.
- Sookie saving Eric and FDC from Siebert.
- I liked it when Eric picked Sookie up and took her to meet Niall for the first time.
- And when they were pulled over by the cops afterwards.
- I also liked the part when Sookie meets Hunter and discovers he has telepathy too.
Some of my favorite quotes from the book:
- “When you smell like that, I just want to fuck you and bite you and rub myself all over you.”
- “He’ll spare you. You’re too unique to waste.”
- “I can’t believe I felt something so strongly and was so happy for the first time in hundreds of years.”