To all fanfic writers and/or Eric & Sookie Lovers who would like to take a chance and start writing…we have exciting news to share with you from the fanfic world! As you know, we are looking towards our many talented fanfic writers to keep bringing us Eric and Sookie stories in which we can enjoy – since the book (that shall not be named) was such a letdown for us. We’re counting on you MORE than ever!
That’s why we’re pleased to tell you about a fanfic contest that’s going on now.
Read on to find out more!
Are you a music lover? Can you see a story based a song title and Eric and Sookie in it? I know I certainly do! One of my own lovely Betas (@Northwomn on Twitter) is hosting the “I Write The Songs” fanfic contest! Below are the rules she kindly requested we post.
- Use a song as the title
- 2,000 – 12,000 words, unlimited for multi-chapter fics
- Canon SVM/TB, AU,OOC or AH
- Can be a first chapter to a multi-chapter fic, which you can continue after the contest. Specify if you plan to add to the story.
- Eric and Sookie as the main pairing (psst … the more Eric the better!). Otherwise Snarky Pam, Kill Bill or torture Quinn themes are good too. Or do a bromance. Or a Pam/Stan or Jason/ Michele, or Sophie Anne / Andre or Amelia /Trey or Bill / Lorena, or some other pairing. Humor is as valuable as lemons any day!
- MUST use a beta. I WILL send back to you or to a beta before the judges if I find obvious mistakes.
- Maximum 3 entries, collaborations welcome
- Must be a new, not posted story
- Include a disclaimer that you do not own the SVM characters
- Do not use complete lyrics from a copyrighted song
- Must be 18 to post M rated story
- Please do not tweet about your story on twitter or talk about it on your blog until after posting. You can say you are going to enter but don’t say when you are submitting. We want anonymous judging please!
- Please no rape, incest, pedophilia or graphic abuse themes (unless you are torturing Bill or Quinn. LOL)
Final submission. July 14, 8 pm Pacific time, 10pm Central time
Final Judging deadline: July 28
Final Posting to Fanfiction (or other site): July 29, 10pm Pacific time, 12pm Central time
Public voting from judges top 10, July 30 – August 12
Winners announced by August 14
Send entry as an email to I.WritetheSongs.SVM @gmail.com
BatheshebaRocks, NYCSnowbird, Onefee27, SapfireRose, Suki59.
The above judges will get an MS Word doc with a story title (but no author or penname) on it and have up to 2 weeks to judge and turn in the scoring sheet .
Each of the criteria is given 1-10 points. The authors will receive feedback in the form of total / averaged scoring.
After the scorecards are all in for their story, the author will receive an email telling them to go ahead and post their entry on their own profile, and send back the link so that we may add it to the community and blog.
Authors will receive averaged scores.
Your probably wondering…what’s in it for me and how many winners are there?
There are 6 winners in all.
1st & 2nd place by Judges (anonymous)
1st & 2nd place by Public vote (not anonymous from Judges top 10)
Host pick (not anonymous, not necessarily from the top 10)
Virgin winner (anonymous, may or may not be the same as Judges 1st or 2nd, may or may not be in the Judges top 10).
Please note: No prizes other than the great kudos of winning and banners created for their story.
If you would like to find out more information, get updates on the contest, read the sample fanfics, or anything else…please click here!
I know for a fact Northwomn (and all of us here at ESL) prefer Eric and Sookie fanfics above all others, and we would LOVE to read MANY new Eric and Sookie fanfics this year!
If you think “I Will Always Love You” or “Everything I Do, I Do It For You” – applies to Eric and Sookie…this is the contest made for YOU! Good luck to all who enter!